Registered Social Worker
- Complex traumatic stress/C-PTSD
- Childhood/developmental trauma
- Intimate partner violence
- Occupational stress and trauma
- Grief and bereavement
- Emotion regulation
- Self-esteem and self-worth
Full Session: $145
Sessions may be covered under insurance plans. Please contact your insurance provider prior to making an appointment to see if Social Workers are covered.
You may be feeling stuck, emotionally overwhelmed and unsure of where to start, or perhaps you know exactly what you want to address in therapy. Some of my clients want to process past traumas and understand themselves on a deeper level, and others prefer to focus on working through present day challenges like work stress or family life. Regardless of where you are at, my goal is to support and guide you in working through difficult emotions or memories that are preventing you from living a life with meaning.
I am a Registered Social Worker and EMDR therapist. My professional background includes counselling/psychotherapy, as well as hospital acute care and emergency crisis services. My passion and area of specialization is PTSD and trauma. I am trained and experienced in treating various forms of trauma and I have the unique experience of going through my own trauma recovery journey.
My approach is not only trauma-informed, but trauma-focused (depending on the comfort level of my clients, of course). I adhere to the 3 phase model of trauma treatment, which requires safety and stabilization (ie. learning to cope with distress) before moving on to the trauma processing and reintegration. My preferred approach is EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), however I often integrate other modalities, including DBT, CBT, parts work, somatic approaches, and solution focused therapy.
Working through trauma and developing resilience is not easy, but I believe it is possible. My hope is to provide a space where we can safely address the challenges you are facing and work towards improving your quality of life. If this sounds like something you are looking for, please reach out and we can have a free 15 minute telephone call to see if we would be a good fit!
Training and Continuing Education:
- Decolonizing Trauma from an Indigenous Perspective (OASW events, March 2022)
- Psychological Therapies & Work-Related Stress (OASW events, May 2022)
- IFS for EMDR (Bruce Hersey, February 2022)
- Integrative Somatic Trauma Therapy Certificate (The Embody Lab, January 2022)
- EMDR Basic Training (Leading Edge Seminars, August 2019 – consultation hours completed August 2021)
- DBT Skills Training (Marsha Linehan via psychwire, July 2021)
- CBT for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (OASW events, 2020)
- CBT for Anxiety, Worry and Uncertainty during COVID-19 (OASW events, 2020)
- Working with First Responders and Military Members with PTSD and Moral Injury (Dalton Associates, 2020)
- CBT for Anxiety (Beck Institute, 2020)
- DBT Essentials Training (APT Canada, 2019)
- Tools for Trauma: A CBT Approach (Traumatology Institute, 2018)
- Complex & Developmental Trauma for Direct Service Workers (Hincks-Dellcrest, 2018)
- Single Session Counselling & Couples Counselling (Woodgreen Community Services, 2018)
- CPI Non-violent Crisis Intervention (Scarborough Health Network, 2018)
- Trauma-informed care & Advanced Trauma-informed care, Trans Awareness Training 101, and Ontario HIV and Substance Use 2-Day Training (Toronto Hostels Training Centre, 2016)