MACP, RP, CPT, FNS, (cert) OAMHP
- Coming out
- Trans issues
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy
- Dialectical-Behavioural Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Solution-Focused Therapy
Full Session or Consultation: $115 plus HST
Sessions may be covered under insurance plans. Please contact your
insurance provider prior to making an appointment to see if Psychotherapists are covered.
Please review my consent form prior to your first appointment to familiarize yourself with counselling policies. We will sign it together during your first session, where I will answer any questions you may have.
If you have scheduled a video or phone counselling appointment, please sign the consent form and email me a copy or photograph of the form prior to our first appointment.
I am a Registered Psychotherapist currently working exclusively with the LGBTQ2S+ community. My approach to therapy involves working with my clients to identify areas of difficulty in their lives, and helping them to move towards their values. I emphasize a client-centred approach, recognizing that each individual is unique and thus requires unique treatment and care. My sessions are done over Zoom, a secure video conferencing platform, so that my clients can see me in the comfort, safety, and convenience of their own homes – no more running around trying to find time to get to therapy!
I have experience providing support to the LGTBQ2S+ community, and strive to provide a safe, supportive, non-judgmental space for you to discuss your difficulties, explore any confusing or difficult territory, and get to know yourself a little better. As an ally, I hope to provide you with the support to make any necessary changes that will help you move forward in your life.
In addition to general therapy or counselling sessions, I also offer consultation and support sessions to help you on your journey. Consultation sessions are available to the trans community for those who want to learn more about transitioning, but who do not feel they could benefit from therapy at this time. Supportive consultation sessions are designed for friends and family members of the LGBTQ+ community to learn more about how they can support their friends or family members.
To learn more about these services, click here.
Phone: 226-503-9412 | Email: email@example.com
Trainings and Continuing Education:
- Trans Health Mentorship Call, Rainbow Health Ontario, Ongoing
- Cognitive-Behavior Therapy for PTSD & Trauma, Beck Institute, Dr. A. Miller, September 2019
- Fitness Nutrition Specialist, NASM, April 2019
- Certified Personal Trainer, NASM, November 2018
- Gender and Sexual Identity in Youth, CTRI, May 2018
- Crisis Intervention Training, CTRI, November 30, 2017
- ACT Webinars, Season Three, Praxis Continuing Education, August 2017 – November 2017
- Creating Authentic Spaces Training, Rogue Whittker, July 26, 2017
- What Counsellors Need to Know about Medical Transition, Trans Health Connection, November 2016
- Creating Authentic Spaces, the519, June 2016
Jennifer also had a guest spot on 900 CHML with Anothony Urciuoli where she discussed the controversy over the new CBC show, Drag Kids. Skip to 33:40 to hear Jennifer’s segment: