Ed.D., CCC-S, CCS-AC, RP
Phone: 905-536-8830 (call/text)
I am so happy to be able to work with Roots in Wellness this year!
A bit about me: I have worked in the field for 20 years providing crisis response, counselling and psychotherapy services. I support a variety of conditions of living: anything from significant life transitions to severe and persistent mental illness and in particular provide trauma specific psychotherapy services and addictions counselling. Drawing from experience as a psychotherapist, crisis responder, and from living in and learning from Indigenous communities, my hope is to help folks navigate feelings of intense emotions while at the same time impacting great change.
You don’t have to do this alone anymore and I believe I can provide that safe space to provide you with the opportunity to start taking those first steps. I also specialize in the area of Maternal Mental Health, providing support to prenatal and postpartum women and couples.
In addition to a Doctorate Degree (Ed.D.) in Counselling Psychology from OISE/University of Toronto I have additional training in:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT),
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT),
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT),
- Trauma-Focused CBT,
- Cognitive Processing Therapy for the Treatment of PTSD,
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT),
- Motivational Interviewing,
- Narrative Therapy,
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention and Suicide intervention skills training (and post-vention),
- Vicarious Trauma and Compassion Fatigue Support for helping professionals,
- Suicide assessment and intervention,
- Critical Incident Stress Management,
- Gottman Couples Therapy, Level 1.