Supervision with Jennifer
MACP, RP, CPT, (cert) OAMHP
I meet all the requirements set out by the CRPO and am an approved supervisor for Yorkville University students. I have my Master’s in Counselling Psychology and am a Registered Psychotherapist.
While I specialize in working with the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, I have a wealth of experience in other areas and can provide supervision for a large range of demographics and difficulties.
I see my role as a supervisor as one that functions to lift up supervisees, provide guidance where required, and help them think outside the box. I pride myself on being a mentor and providing a source of confidence for new therapists.
– SPECIALIZATIONS –
- Gender Issues
- Sexuality & Sex
- Anxiety, Depression, Stress
- Identity Issues
- Life Transition
- Business & Marketing
- Fitness & Nutrition
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Regulatory Body & Ethics Expertise
– SERVICES OFFERED –
- Clinical Supervision
- Private Practice Coaching
- Marketing Coaching
- LGBTQ+ Community Education
- Health & Fitness Education
- Administration & Financial Coaching
– BACKGROUND –
I have a wealth of experience in the Psychology, mental health, and business sectors.
– EDUCATION –
- BA (honours) in Psychology
- MA in Counselling Psychology
- Clinical Supervisor Training
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Fitness Nutrition Specialist
– EXPERIENCE –
- Chair of Professional Development Committee for the OAMHP
- 7+ years of clinical experience
- Over a decade of experience in the mental health sector
- Over a decade of experience in the private practice and business sectors
- Experience in business and marketing operations
- 5+ years of management and training experience
- Director of Trans Atlantic Training, a consultation and training business for therapists
– APPROACH –
My approach to supervision, like my approach to therapy, is person-centered and integrative. I aims to promote growth, confidence, and competence in my supervisees.
– STYLE –
I strive to create an open, inviting environment with my supervisees that allows for positive feedback and constructive criticism, promoting growth, confidence, and competence.
Key components to my supervisory style include:
- Fostering confidence in your abilities
- Promoting continued learning
- Sharing my own struggles and experience in therapy
- Following supervisee direction in terms of desired learning goals
- Regular core competency evaluation
In individual supervision, supervisees meet with either supervisor one-on-one for a 50-minute session. Sessions can be booked online or by emailing the supervisor directly.
Rate for individual supervision: $140 plus HST / session
In dyadic supervision, supervisees meet with one other colleague and their supervisor for a 50-minute session. Sessions can be booked online or by emailing the supervisor directly.
Rate for dyadic supervision: $140 plus HST / session ($70 per participant)
In group supervision, supervisees meet with the supervisor in a group of up to five therapists for a 2-hour session once a month. Supervisees are required to commit to at least 3 months in a group, in order to maintain group cohesion and encourage rapport among group members. Please email Jennifer or Kayleen for more information and to inquire about group availability.
Rate for group supervision: $70 (HST included)
Please note: If you are seeking registration for a college other than the CRPO, we recommend that you ensure Kayleen or Jennifer meets supervisory requirements prior to beginning supervision with her.
Fill out the form below to contact us about supervision