Burnout & Stress
Experiencing chronic stress for prolonged periods can lead to burnout. Burnout is more than just feeling stressed and tired, it is a mental, physical, and emotional exhaustion. Burnout can leave you in a state of feeling hopeless, unmotivated, cynical, and drained. It can affect yourself, your loved ones and your ability to navigate your day to day life.
The main signs and symptoms of burnout include:
- Feeling exhausted all the time
- Lack of motivation, interest, or pleasure in activities that you would usually enjoy
- Becoming cynical, apathetic, or negative
- Feeling stuck and like you aren’t making any progress
- Increased lateness or absence
- Difficulty with concentrating and/or making decisions
- Isolation from loved ones and friends
- Physical symptoms: gastrointestinal problems, headaches, back pain, neck pain, and nausea
- Restlessness, indifference, and boredom
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Depressed mood
- Changes in appetite or sleep patterns
The therapists at Roots in Wellness can support you in exploring and understanding what has led to your experience of burnout, find coping strategies to help manage stress, establish and maintain boundaries, and work towards building a plan to re-establish your sense of well-being. Email us today to schedule a session!