Roots in Wellness is proud to offer chat therapy, a convenient way to access therapy services on an as-needed basis. This service is currently offered by Jennifer Lane and Kayleen Edwards. We know how busy life can get, and sometimes it can feel nearly impossible to carve out an hour in your week for therapy. You may also not have the privacy in your home to be able to do therapy regularly in a safe environment.
Clients can access chat therapy on an as-needed basis. This means they can message their therapist on the secure messaging platform, and their therapist will respond within 1-2 business days. Clients are then billed based on the therapist’s hourly rate prorated for how long it took the therapist to read and respond to the message. Clients are then invoiced either when they reach one hour of time, or on a monthly basis.
Prior to beginning chat therapy, we require a minimum of one, one hour session to assess each client’s unique situation and determine that it’s an appropriate fit for chat therapy. If not, we may recommend a few one hour sessions to get the client started, or alternative services in the community.
There are two ways that chat therapy can work for you:
OPTION 1 – ON DEMAND
- Send chat messages when it’s convenient for you
- Expect a reply within 2 business days (often sooner, depending on availability)
- Chat off and on, when you can, rather than having to carve out a full hour
- You’re billed for the time your therapist takes to read and respond (often more cost effective than video or phone)
- Pay in 30 or 60 minute increments
OPTION 2 – SCHEDULED
- Schedule dedicated time to chat with your therapist
- Enjoy the privacy of not having to speak out loud or be on video
- Chat from anywhere
- Schedule chat sessions at your convenience
- Schedule 30 or 60 minute sessions
For more information regarding privacy and confidentiality, you can review our consent form for chat therapy below: