Supervision with Kayleen
MA, RP, (cert-S)OAMHP
I am a Validated Supervisor with the Ontario Association of Mental Health Professionals (OAMHP). I bring nearly a decade of clinical experience, in both agency and private practice settings to supervision. I meet all supervisory requirements set out by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and stay current on best practice standards.
I obtained my Honours Bachelors and Masters Degree in Psychology from Wilfrid Laurier University, and have been in clinical practice for nearly a decade. I have extensive experience working with stress, anxiety, depression, parenting issues, first responders, relationship issues, and LGBTQ+ issues. I work with a variety of clients from different cultures, religions, gender identities, and sexual orientations. No matter how you identify, I provide a safe space for you to be yourself.
– SPECIALIZATIONS –
- Stress and Burnout
- Perinatal Issues
- Gender Identity and Sexuality
- Trauma-Informed Practice
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Attachment and Inner Child Work
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
– SERVICES OFFERED –
- Clinical Supervision
- Private Practice Coaching
- Marketing Coaching
- Administration & Financial Coaching
- Video, phone & chat options
– BACKGROUND –
I have a wealth of experience in the Psychology, mental health, and business sectors.
– EDUCATION –
- BA (honours) in Psychology
- MA in Psychology
- 50-hour Clinical Supervisor Training
- Training in ACT, DBT, trauma, working with first responders, and working with the LGBTQ+ community
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
– EXPERIENCE –
- 9 years of clinical experience
- Experience in both agency and private practice settings
- Experience in working with insurance companies, report writing, and functional abilities assessments
– APPROACH –
Supervisees have described me as warm, approachable, and passionate about the work I do. It is my intention to create an environment where supervisees feel respected, validated, safe, challenged, and productive in each supervision session.
– STYLE –
Key components to my supervisory style include:
- Warm, genuine approach
- Validation of supervisees’ experiences and exploration of how these inform their clinical practice
- Structuring supervision according to supervisees’ unique needs and learning goals
- Regularly evaluation of supervisees’ progress and the effectiveness of the supervisor-supervisee relationship
- Fostering an always-learning attitude – both for myself and for supervisees
In individual supervision, supervisees meet one-on-one for a 50-minute session. Sessions can be booked online or by emailing Kayleen directly.
Rate for individual supervision: $155 plus HST / session
In dyadic supervision, supervisees meet with one other colleague and their supervisor for a 50-minute session. Sessions can be booked online or by emailing the supervisor directly.
Rate for dyadic supervision: $155 plus HST / session ($77.50 plus HST per participant)
In group supervision, supervisees meet with the supervisor in a group of up to five therapists for a 2-hour session once a month. Supervisees are required to commit to at least 3 months in a group, in order to maintain group cohesion and encourage rapport among group members. Please email Kayleen for more information and to inquire about group availability.
Rate for group supervision: $70 plus HST
Please note: If you are seeking registration for a college other than the CRPO, we recommend that you ensure Kayleen meets supervisory requirements prior to beginning supervision.
Chat supervision is a unique offering from Roots in Wellness that provides on-demand, as-needed supervision to qualifying RPs. We understand that sometimes you have a quick question that doesn’t warrant a full session, or even a half session, and we’re here to help with that!
The CRPO has approved chat supervision to count for individual supervision hours. In order to start chat supervision with Jennifer or Kayleen, you must engage in semi-regular video or phone supervision as well. Chat supervision is meant to supplement individual supervision, not replace it.
Interested in learning more? Fill out the form below to book a free consultation or ask any questions about Kayleen’s supervision services!